Advancing in equality requires a change in business culture from looking only at production to taking into account people and their diverse realities.
Emakunde's work in this area focuses on raising awareness, providing advice and support for the preparation and implementation of equality plans in companies and on public recognition of companies' work in this area.
Since its creation, Emakunde has worked to promote the equality of women and men in private companies and organizations through different means, such as granting subsidies, offering advice, providing training, elaborating guidance material and recognizing companies as “collaborating entities for equality of women and men”.
The objective is to achieve an improvement in the working conditions of women and a change of organizational culture, through the assessment of the equality of women and men in the company and through the implementation of specific measures (non-discriminatory selection procedures, the promotion of equality, the application of measures to counter sexual and sexist harassment, reconciliation measures, measures favoring equal pay...).
- Support service for businesses to promote the equality of women a men (PDF) (PDF, 2 MB)
- Helpful Documents and Guides
BAI SAREA is a network promoted by Emakunde-Basque Women's Institute and made up of Collaborating Entities for the Equality of Women and Men, which was formally constituted on 19 March 2018.
BAI Sarea pursues the following objectives based on social justice
- To share experiences, knowledge, practices, learning, ideas, methodologies, etc.
- Collaborate in the development of measures, in the elaboration of tools and in shared initiatives.
- To make the network visible internally (in the organisations themselves) and externally (in society). The network is understood as a model of action and as a reference for opinion (on professional, business, economic and social issues, among others).
- To transform the business and social reality, reducing the gender gaps in the labour field and promoting equality and social justice as strategic values of the organizations.
In accordance with the principles for the empowerment of women proposed to companies by UN WOMEN and adapted to the reality of the Basque Country, the entities that form part of BAI SAREA, have committed themselves to:
- Promote equality between women and men from the management of the entity.
- To treat women and men equally at work.
- Respect and defend human rights and non-discrimination.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all staff.
- Promote the professional development of women.
- To carry out business development, purchasing and marketing practices in favour of equality.
- To promote equality in the social and labour environment; and to evaluate and disseminate the progress made in favour of equality between women and men.